8. Zan from Arunachal Pradesh:This popular dish from Arunachal Pradesh is again a very simple yet healthy food made with millet flour and boiling water. This appetizing spicy porridge can be enjoyed with green vegetables or charred meat if you are non-vegetarian . This stunning dish is a roller coaster of flavors and a taste that leaves you craving for more.
9. Gyathuk from Sikkim: Yet another flavorful Thukpa recipe from north east is an Indian version of soup noodles of Tibetans and it is very famous in north east. This appetizing noodle-based steamy soup is very filling. Gyathuk goes well with or without meat. The natural and refreshing spices add to the flavor of this palatable dish. This has made to our list due to its comforting taste and is always consumed hot.
10. Palak paneer – Palak is rich in iron and paneer akka cottage cheese is a healthy dairy product loaded with all goodness of milk. If someone is trying to consume Spinach then this is the solution to make it taste the yummiest. Palak paneer is an all-time favorite among vegetarians and non-vegetarians when they want to have a dose of green. For the detailed Recipe with step by step Pictures Go to Palak Paneer Recipe.
11. Rasam : Rasam is sour & spicy south Indian version of soup and very common dish too with multiple use either have it as soup as an appetizer or have it with steamed rice to make it a part of mail course along with vegetable sambhar.
12. Besan Cheela: Made of whole gram floor this is a very healthy food that is consumed by all age group starting from a year old kid too. This is normally recommended by many dieticians as a lunch option for people who are trying to reduce weight. Mixed with vegetables it becomes quite filling. So we can’t miss to have it in Sour list when dieticians are up for it too. For the detailed Recipe with step by step Pictures Go to Besan Pudla Recipe.
13. Ragi dosa – Doas is one of the healthiest complete meal if had with vegetable sambhar, now why we had this Ragi Dosa in our healthy food list is for a simple reason the Rice in the dosa batter is replaced by Ragi, else it’s impossible for anyone to consume so much ragi in any other dish. It is still a winner among Dosa lovers due to its crispiness.
14. Idly: Yet again a south Indian delicacy idly is the lightest and most healthy whole meal one can have with Sambhar and chutney so this one is ought to make it to the list of top healthy Indian foods. Steamed idly are also an easy way to say no to heavy calorie due to its zero oil preparation and since made of fermented batter so easy on digestion and makes it to lunch of most of health conscious north Indians in spite being a dish from South. If you are trying to do weight loss then this low calorie indian food Idly will help you for sure.
15. Golgappa – This one can’t be missed if we are curating a list of food which we Indians can’t live without and have health benefits too. The most common and probably the cheapest snack (Rs. 2-3 per golgappa even cheaper in few cities) that is found widely across the country. One food yet many names phuchka, pani poori, Pani batasa, Golgappa, gupchup etc. and since the water is made from a lot of indian herbs is very good for digestion. Though the golgappa is a deep fried poori but when had with this water becomes a healthy option.
16. Bhelpuri : A dish made of puffed rice , adding uncooked vegies , tangy and sweet tamarind chutney, green chutney and Indian spices. This is one of the easiest dishes with no flame cooking involved so even a kid can make it. Mumbai and Kolkata is famous for its bhelpuri and you can find “Bombay ki famous Bhelpuri” on the vendors selling it in other cities. So this is a must have super healthy crunchy palatable refreshing any time snack.
Most of the above Street food points do offer Home delivery but we are not offering you further details so that you may step out ,let your body make some vitamin D in sun while you are going to be sinfully engulfed in the street food of India. Also you can find almost all above healthy indian food recipes on our website.