12. Samosa : if there is any city that is capable of making Samosa in all sizes , experimenting with a lot of fillings then it is none other than Delhi. The aaloo stuffed samosa rules the Samosa chartbuster but you can also find mater samosa, Chinese samosa (not imported from china it just has noodles as filling ), sweet samosa and list is endless… but tastes great.
13. Dosa : Since we have already taken you on a gastronomic ride to most of the regional delicacies from across other states , here is the king of South India – let’s call it Dosa king for you. A little bit of south India is sprinkled all around Delhi in form of Dosa counter and don’t miss the medu vada with a hole on these stalls. Served with nariyal chutney this is one food that is big steel.
14. Paneer tikka – the most common starter in Delhi straight from the tandoor and first on list of vegetarians in starters. The aroma of a freshly made paneer tikka is enough to activate your salivary glands and make you drool at any age in Delhi. If you spot a tandoor be ready to witness the naked Cottage cheese doing salsa with onion and capsicum on the rocks (burning coal)… ohh ohh ohh no that’s no love making , but love for paneer Tikka in making that ll melt in your mouth in the first bite.
15. Bhelpuri : Puffed rice fried with vegetables, in a spicy and tangy tamarind sauce that is mostly made for the consumption on the same day. You can spot the Bombay ki mashur bhelpuri at a lot of places. A word of caution if you are having this food to eat in delhi , finish it as you get it , if you delay gulping this quickly it might get soggy.
16. Rajma Chawal : If we have already have included Kadi Chawal in our list , then this is a must have in Delhi.We are talking about the food in the heart of the country how can we miss Kidney , No we are not in a science class we are talking of Kidney beans in a thick gravy most popular North Indian curry served with rice and this is something which is very high on protein so leave your dumbles and hit a bowl of steaming hot rice served with spicy rajma , favorite dish of many in Delhi and a Sunday lunch in most of the households in Delhi.
17. CHOLE BHATURE: doesn’t matter whether you are a person who loves to eat on street or poised by the fine dining restaurant, Chole bhature is sure to bold you over with its great taste this very yummy north Indian dish which is an over load of oil to the core in its preparation. But all khoon maaf for its finger licking taste….hmmmm (if you not licking then you must have already eaten them so don’t say we didn’t warned you ).
18. Gol gappe : Okay now who needs an introduction to golgappe. Known by a lot of names like Pani puri , pani ke batase, gupchup …… but no chaat lover can have just one…. A street food that dil mange more and is a truly a full paisa vasool anytime munchie.And not to mention don’t miss to ask for that extra last golgappa after billing, as that is the tastiest of all you had as this is free and we are so good at bargain.
19. Mango shake: Dilli ki Garmi…… Delhi is famous for its scorching sun in summers. When the temperature is breaking all records, nothing beats the heat like a chilled glass of Mango shake served with a scoop of ice cream. No wonder mango is the king of fruits. A ship of mango shake is living proof of the royal treat in summers.
20. Dahi Bhalla Papri – A combination of crispy papri and soaked Bhalla nothing can beat the taste of dahi bhalla in Delhi. The presentation is tempting enough to make you drool through your eyes while your tongue is already having an affair with this yummy dish.
Finally, Hope you like this article on best food to eat in delhi and please don’t forget to share it.