Bombay Toast Recipe Video.
Bombay toast Recipe or Bombay masala toast sandwich is a very delicious and one of the most popular fast food from Mumbai and people really enjoy the true taste Marathi cuisine. Bombay ( now Mumbai ) is a very popular tourist destination and a hub for the all Indian street food from the entire country.
If you want to try the true taste of Indian Street Food then must visit the Mumbai. In the Mumbai there are many famous Indian Restaurants are there who are serving authentic Indian Food during the day. Bombay Toast is a very tasty and cheap Street Food of Mumbai. In the Bombay Masala Toast they used the White sliced Bread and Stuff it with the Spicy Masala Mixture made from the Potatoes or Aloo and other common Indian Spices like Red Chili Pepper Powder, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder, etc.
Ingredients for bombay toast recipe.
4 Slices of Bread.
200 Gms Boiled Potatoes.
1 Medium Size Finely Chopped Tomato.
1 Finely Chopped Green Chili.
1 Medium Size Finely Chopped Onion.
1 Tsp of Garlic and Ginger Paste.
1/2 Tsp of Red Chili Powder.
Lemon Juice of Half Lemon.
1/4 Tsp of Turmeric Powder.
1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala.
1/2 Tsp of Sugar.
1 Tb tsp of Oil.
Some Freshly Chopped Coriander Leaves.
Salt to taste.
Sandwich Maker or Toaster.
Bombay Toast | Indian Recipe | Video Recipe.
- 4 Slices of Bread.
- 200 Gms Boiled Potatoes.
- 1 Medium Size Finely Chopped Tomato.
- 1 Finely Chopped Green Chili.
- 1 Medium Size Finely Chopped Onion.
- 1 Tsp of Garlic and Ginger Paste.
- 1/2 Tsp of Red Chili Powder.
- Lemon Juice of Half Lemon.
- 1/4 Tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- 1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala.
- 1/2 Tsp of Sugar.
- 1 Tbtsp of Oil.
- Some Freshly Chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Salt to taste.
- Sandwich Maker or Toaster.
- Make masala or stuffing for sandwich for this, heat Oil in a Pan, when oil gets heated add Onion, 1/4 tsp of Termeric Powder and stir it.
- add Tomatoes, Green Chillies, Garlic and Ginger paste, 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Sugar and Salt to taste and stir all things very well now in this put Potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes with Spatula slowly-slowly now is ready so turn the heat off, in this add Lemon juice and freshly chopped Coriendar Leaves and mix all the things very well and continue to mashing potatoes, we don't need any big chungs of potatoes.
- Now is ready so take it out in a bowl.
- Take 2 slices of Bread apply little Butter on both, put 1 big spoon masala on Both, spread masala equally.
- Take another two slices of Bread again apply some Butter but this time apply very little butter, now put these bread slices on to the previous slices of bread, gentally press it with hands so you can get equal Masala in every bite.
- Put the Sandwich in Toaster for toasting, when Red light of toaster changes to Green then sandwich will be ready, so now it's ready turn off toaster and take it out.
- Divide it into two parts, and serve it with Green Chutney, Red Chutney or Tomato Ketchup whatever you have.
Hello friends welcome to the World’s first youtube cooking show from a Village. I am Nikunj Vasoya and today I am going to show you one of the most popular Indian Sandwich which is known as Bombay Toast Recipe, it is very easy recipe and really very good in taste so let’s take a look at ingredients one by one.
For Bombay Toast you will need 4 slices of Bread, you will need two slices of Bread for each Sandwich, 200 gm Boiled Potatoes, 1 medium size finely chopped Tomato, 1 finely chopped Green Chili, 1 medium size finely chopped Onion, 1tsp of Garlic and Ginger paste, Butter, 1/2 tsp of Red Chili Powder, Lemon juice of half Lemon, 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala, 1/2 tsp of Sugar, 1 tbsp of Oil, some freshly chopped Coriander Leaves and Salt to taste and you will also need Sandwich maker or Toaster.
First a fall we have to make Masala or Stuffing for Sandwich or Toast, heat the Oil in Pan, add 1 tbsp of oil you can any other Oil but I am using Ground Nut Oil for better flavor and taste, now oil is ready so in this add Onion, 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder, it will give very nice and Yellow color to the masala or stuffing, don’t cook onion too much because we need texture in our Sandwich so I am not cooking it too much, add Tomato and Green Chilies, in this add Garlic and Ginger paste, 1/2 tsp of Red Chili powder, Garam masala, Sugar and Salt according to taste, now put the Potatoes in it, this is looking really very good and I am sure it will give a very good taste, mash the potatoes with spatula slowly-slowly like this way so we can combine mixture nicely, it is done so turn the heat off and in this add lemon juice and freshly chopped Coriander Leaves, mix all the things very well, start mashing potatoes so you can get very nice and good flavor in every bite, we don’t need any big chunks of potatoes in it, so this is ready to take it out in a bowl, you can use this mixture for 2-3 days if you keep it in a Freeze, remember one thing always make this mixture half an hour or one hour before making Sandwich so you can get very nice flavor of all the spices in your potatoes, it is perfectly balanced little sweet, sour and spicy so it will going to add very good flavor to sandwich.
Now it’s time to make our sandwich, take 2 slices of bread, apply little Butter on it so it can be nice and crispy, both the slices are ready so put 1 big spoon of masala on it and spread it equally, now both the slices are ready with this, apply little butter on two other slices of bread, don’t apply too much butter because we had already applied butter on this slices of bread, now put this slices on to the previous bread slices and gently press it with hand so you can get equal amount of masala in every bite, put Sandwich in Toaster, see the light when it gets green then our sandwich will be ready. So this is it our sandwich is ready turn off the toaster and take sandwich out, it is absolutely crispy so I am really happy with the result, divide it into two parts, it is looking just like a sandwich which you get in any food shop or food cart and it is really very crispy from outside and also Golden Brown spot on it.
Now serve it, you can serve this Bombay toast recipe with any kind of Chutney that you have but today I am going to serve this with Green Chutney and Red Chutney which is a Garlic chutney but you can also serve with just Tomato Ketchup.
So this is it my very simple, easy and delicious Bombay Sandwich is ready to serve, now this is tasting time, stuffing is absolutely perfect and seriously very good in flavor, I don’t think that if you make this kind of sandwich than you will need any kind of chutney to enhance the overall taste of the sandwich but you can have this kind of sandwich without the chutney or even the tomato ketchup, because of the fresh butter, onion and garlic it gives a really very good taste and smell, it is absolutely crispy from outside and with this masala it is really-really perfect Bombay Toast recipe.
I hope you have enjoyed this episode, so don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to foodontv network. Thanks for watching. See you in the next episode.