Matar Gravy Curry | Indian Recipe | Video Recipe.
A Mutter or Matar Gravy Curry is also known as Matter Ki Gravy Wali Sabzi in Hindi and in Gujarati that is known as Vatana Nu Punjabi Shaak.
Basically this recipe is originated in Punjab State of Indian, but it became very famous in all over the world and this is one of the Most Popular Indian Punjabi Curry Recipe apart from Matter Paneer, Aloo Mutter Panner, and Gobi Mattar Curry.
Ingredients/Spices or Seasonings.
400 Grams Green Peas( mutter/Mattar/Vatana).
1 Cup Tomato Puree.
2 Medium size finely chopped onions.
2 finely Chopped Green Chillies.
3 tbsp Oil.
1 tsp Red Chili Pepper Powder.
1 Mustard Seeds.
1 tsp Punjabi Garam Masala.
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds.
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder.
2 tsp Coriander & Cumin Seeds Powder.
2 tsp Sugar.
Some Fresh Coriander Leaves.
Salt to Taste.
Matar Gravy Curry Video Recipe
- 400 Grams Green Peas mutter/Mattar/Vatana.
- 1 Cup Tomato Puree.
- 2 Medium size finely chopped onions.
- 2 finely Chopped Green Chillies.
- 3 tbsp Oil.
- 1 tsp Red Chili Pepper Powder.
- 1 Mustard Seeds.
- 1 tsp Punjabi Garam Masala.
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds.
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder.
- 2 tsp Coriander & Cumin Seeds Powder.
- 2 tsp Sugar.
- Some Fresh Coriander Leaves.
- Salt to Taste.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Than add the Cumin Seeds & Mustard Seeds.
- When Cumin/Mustard Seeds started slattering add the Turmeric Powder & Onions.
- Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Stir Fry the onions until they become golden brown.
- Than add the Green Chillies,Salt,Sugar,Coriander/Cumin Seeds Powder(1 tsp) and Red Chilli Powder.
- Again mix this well.
- Now add the Tomato Puree.Give it a nice stir.
- Cook it for 1 minute on a medium low heat.
- Now add around half glass of Water.
- Mix this well and cook it on a very high heat for 2 minutes.
- When Gravy Started bubbling add the Green Peas.
- Now Cover & Cook it for five minutes.
- Add the 1 tsp Corinader/Cumin Seeds Powder and Punjabi Garam Masala and mix this well.
- Again Mix this and stir it for 40 to 50 seconds on a very high heat.
- Not is is ready.
- Than add some freshly chopped coriander leaves and garnish it in your own style or as garnished in the above photo of Punjabi Matter Gravy Curry Recipe.
- Serve this Delicious looking curry with Maski Paratha or OYE Naan (new) or any other Indian Bread Recipes of your choice.